- Variable Mu is known for it’s smooth polishing “GLUE”. A classic “auto leveling” tool.
- Retains transient relationships within a mix. Allows control of the overall macro dynamics.
- Flattering 2-bus frequency curve.
- Smooth tube sound signature. (Wanting punch? checkout the DME 1968 & 165a)
- Captured via Lynx conversion @ 24/96.
- Variable Attack/Release
- Use your ears & not your meters. Tube compressors are extremely slow in comparison to VCA/FET designs. VariMu by nature will have slower attack & longer release times. Use the MAKEUP GAIN/OUTPUT to set your final output level. Most importantly experiment.
- Nebula 3 Pro 1.3.495 or newer