- The 165 changed the method & usage of audio compression when released. The 165 vca design was a 1st in the industry & set the standard for countless compressor designs afterward.
- A continually growing capture collection from the 165a Compressor/Limiter
- Captured via Lynx conversion @ 24/96.
- 165a 2:1 – Attack Time = 2ms-12 Release Time = 5/800ms Capture Ratio = 2:1
- 165a 4:1 – Attack Time = 2ms-12 Release Time = 5/800ms Capture Ratio = 4:1
- 165a 20:1 – Attack Time = 2ms-12 Release Time = 5/800ms Capture Ratio = 20:1
- 165a LoFi – Free Download – LoFi FX compressor.
- Understanding compression is equal part science & art. For those new to compression I recommend adjusting the THRESHOLD & INPUT to set the desired amount of compression. Use your ears & not your meters. Dial in the RELEASE to shape & color your sound. Fast release times can really smooth things out. It’s equal part saturation & peak limiting combined. Longer release times can emphasize the attack transients. Use the MAKEUP GAIN to set your final output level. Most importantly experiment.
- The 165a is an excellent Channel or Bus insert. It can be the perfect solution for anything requiring more punch & presence.
- Nebula 3 Pro 1.3.475 or newer